Harry Potter Inspired Engagement Ring – Looking for the ideal automatic watch winder seems to be a daunting task, especially with the broad range of watch winders that provide available on the marketplace. Despite of the seemingly large quantities of options of various winder brands, your look of a harmonious watch winder should revolve around the quality, compatibility, and reliability of these winder brands, not only based on cost alone.
After all, you’ve invested quite a bit of cash on your nice watch collection. Today’s brand-name automatic watches vary from a few hundreds of dollars to a few thousands dollars or more. Do not merely look at the pricing independently. A cheap winder could actually do more damage to your watch at the very long term, since there are a few winders on the marketplace that utilize non-compatible motor gear system, and without electronic programming to automatically control the ON/OFF and rest period of the rotation, which could cause extra over-winding on the inner main spring of this watch.
Essentially, you should look at the following attributes before deciding on purchasing the Ideal watch winder for your automatic watches:
1) Can the watch winder has the business standard Automatic “Turn-and-Rest” programming? This Turn-and-Rest attribute that automatically control the turning cycles of this winder; and to automatically stop the program intermittently so as to not over-stress the watch’s inner moving mechanism.
2) Can the watch winder has the capability to turn in 3 different directions so as to fit the various rotation requirements of various watch brands? The three different instructions are: Clockwise style, Coutner-Clockwise style, and Alternate Bi-directional style (Bi-directional style – turns clockwise and counter clockwise alternatively, as required by many watch brands such as Rolex.
3) Can the watch winders have the “Adjustable” TPD function? TPD signifies “Turns per Day”, the numbers of turns the winder rotates in a day. Various brands of automatic watches might call for different TPD to be fully wrapped up. The TPD is controlled by the watch winders’ internal electronic programming. Generally, the adjustable TPD ranges from 400 TPD to over 1000 TPD, with many automatic watches requiring somewhere between 400 to 800 TPD. By having this Adjustable Turns per Day (TPD) attribute, a watch winder can accommodate a wider collection of automatic watches, in particular the more complex intricate watches that are becoming more popular nowadays. Winders that don’t have this function might not be satisfactorily wind up certain kinds of automatic watches.
4) Can the watch winder comes with a automatic daily ON/OFF work? Not only is that a convenient feature for the winder owners, but also a vital attribute so that the winder will power ON daily automatically, to keep your watch wind-up all of the times, such that your watches are ready for you to wear any time, any day.
5) Can the watch winder be powered by batteries? Just very few winder brands could be powered and managed by both batteries and AC power. With the capability of being powered by batteries, an individual can store the winder inside a vault, or in a location where there’s no electric plug in socket. Therefore, should you need to keep your watch as well as the winder inside your vault, then you will need a winder that can be powered by batteries in addition to AC power, so that in case the batteries run out, then it’s still possible to use household AC power to operate the winder.
Another factor to consider is the ease of use of this winders. Some winders are very complicated to operate and require a deep learning curve to actually make the winder functional. In additional to the above functions, the craftsmanship, kinds of wood used to make the watch winders, the aesthetic allure, should likewise be considered.
Needless to say, the guarantee policy provided by the dealer or the maker of this watch winder is also an important factor to take into account. Most winder brands offer a regular 6 months guarantee, while others offer a 1 year guarantee.
Price is 1 factor to consider, but not the most critical one. A cheap inexpensive watch winder might seem to do the task in the brief term. However, without the suitable winder program technologies, these cheap low price watch winders could actually cause damages to the mechanical life your valuable watch.
As an instance, a winder with no business standard “Rush and Flip” fuzzy logic programming could over-stress and over-wind the inner main spring of your automatic watches. Over the long term, the stress and over-winding effect can cause your watch to lost the precision of this time; and could very well result in irreversible main-spring defect to your valuable watches. The only remedy could well be a costly replacement or redesign of your fine watches. Therefore, the initial small savings of purchasing those low cost cheap watch winders could actually be more costly in the long term.